Senior UI / Frontend Engineer
Engineering · London
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate senior frontend engineer to help take our products and technology platforms to the next level.
You’ll be part of a flexible, fun and rewarding team environment, which values people over process. We avoid rules and want everyone to feel confident to create and contribute to the business and the product straight away. Be prepared to setup your MacBook pro, full development environment and deploy to production from day one.
Working directly under the Head of Engineering, this is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skills and experience life in one of the leading insurtech disruptors!
Our front-end tech stack includes:
- Vue 2 and 3 (TypeScript FTW)
- Netlify (and Lambda functions)
- TBD by you! (Vite 👀)
You’ll be a UI developer, with a keen eye for UX and design to ensure our product both looks great and performs well.
You’re much more than a pixel pusher. This role is about creating applications that customers will love to use. This means you plan the frontend architecture well in advance and work with our backend engineers to design an API that you enjoy working with every day (we are a very collaborative team). On the other hand, you also have a keen eye for UX and make sure that our API designs don’t hold us back!
Insurance is complex and fascinating. You should want to soak it up and, ideally, derive real enjoyment from mastering an intellectually stimulating industry - whilst working to change it for the better!
Your experience could include…
- Vue.js 2 and 3
- Strong CSS3 and responsive design
- Developing UX strategies for complicated asynchronous processes
- Strong knowledge of Git (GitHub) and deployment processes
- Integrating with various API's of different types
- CI and CD
- Animation experience a plus
- You might be the sort of person who…
- Creates open source projects to help others
- Plans their builds on paper
- Spends a little bit of extra time in order to get that animation just right
- Fixes bugs in open source projects to help others
- Checks `yarn outdated` every day
In return, we offer you:
- A competitive salary and the ability to grow your career at the UK’s leading Insurtech
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
- 25 days holiday - so there’s plenty of time for work, rest and play
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Latest Apple tech gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)