Product · London
About the role
The insurance industry is ripe for disruption, and you will be joining a growing UX and Product team focussed on making Superscript a global player in the insurance sector.
As the newest member of the UX team, you will help establish a strong design culture within the company by bringing with you a commitment to excellence and user centric design.
You’re a UX/UI Designer with 3-5 years experience and bring solid knowledge of design best practices, principles and methodologies. You’re an innovative and creative thinker, able to manage multiple tasks at a time, and champion a customer centric approach.
You’ll be comfortable researching and testing designs with users and presenting ideas back to product and stakeholders in the wider business. You’ll produce and be responsible for the delivery of high-quality design collateral & documentation.
The role requires a strong understanding of the latest technologies and agile methodologies, and you’ll be a collaborative worker, able to lead and deliver your own projects while also being a great team player supporting the wider initiatives.
You will be responsible for the end to end delivery on all of your projects, from discovery all the way through to development delivery, working with key stakeholders all throughout the process.
You have a passion for learning, and ensure to keep up with the latest digital trends and best practices. You’re a curious, empathetic, driven creative who is passionate about their career. Your favourite question is “Why?”
- Performing user tests such as interviews or creating unmoderated scripts.
- Researching competitors and understanding the fundamental user needs of what the solutions are trying to solve.
- Collaborate with other designers, stakeholders, engineers, and product managers to find solutions that improve user experience
- Create user flows, layouts, wireframes and prototypes to communicate UI & UX solutions
- Execute highly polished UI design while keeping an eye on the overall UX strategy and design direction
- Present your work and thinking to the team and senior stakeholders
A typical day could involve researching, wireframing, prototyping, maintaining our design system, creating high-fidelity mock-ups, usability testing, working with developers and participating in group workshops.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience in UX / UI design
- A solid portfolio of both B2B and B2C projects
- Experience with design and prototyping tools - XD preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
In return, we offer you:
- A competitive salary and the ability to grow your career at a UK’s leading Insurtech company
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
- 25 days holiday - so there’s plenty of time for work, rest and play
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Latest Apple tech gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)