Compliance Manager (UK/EU)
Finance · London, Rotterdam
About the role
Due to high growth and expansion into new markets, we are recruiting a Compliance Manager who will report directly to the CFO.
You will take responsibility for driving and embedding best practices across risk management, compliance, information security and data privacy across the group. Our Compliance Manager will have a lot of influence around the business as we grow, providing advice to our commercial teams as well as having the opportunity for exposure to the Board and the Non-Exec Directors of the business.
In this role it is important you are able to remain independent whilst also providing commercial, practical and value-add solutions for the business, influencing outcomes positively for all stakeholders
This role is an integral part of the business, and has a huge amount of scope to grow as the business expands in the UK and into new countries.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain and monitor risk management controls, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the group complies and adheres with security related legal, regulatory and business requirements.
- Build out and embed the use of data as part of risk and compliance processes (e.g. risk assessment and planning, continuous monitoring).
- Flag information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement and help in the development of pragmatic solutions.
- Ensure regular reporting on compliance status and progress
- Act as Risk Champion supporting a culture of compliance. Build out working relationships with the exec and senior management team to raise risk and compliance awareness across the business
- Take the lead on achieving external accreditations
- 5 to 7 years experience of working in compliance within a regulated insurance business, ideally a global MGA / Broker
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, managing stakeholders of all levels of seniority (including Executive Committee and CEO)
- Some experience in at least one of the following areas: operational risk management, internal audit, finance, compliance monitoring, information security,
- Experience of dealing with regulators in multiple jurisdictions
In return, we offer you:
- A competitive salary and the ability to grow your career at the UK’s leading Insurtech
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors
- 25 days holiday - so there’s plenty of time for work, rest and play
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Latest Apple tech gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)
- Hybrid way of working for the perfect work / life balance