Underwriting Lead - Commercial SME
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our business at a very exciting time, as we enter our next stage of growth, with plans to continue scaling! 🚀
We’re looking for an ambitious Underwriting Lead, specialising in Commercial SME business, to bolster our underwriting capabilities whilst adding maturity to our business and collaboration within the wider insurance market.
What you'll get up to:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the team, other areas of the business and external stakeholders
- Ensure open and effective communication within the underwriting team and between other areas of the business
- Develop, communicate and maintain underwriting rates and rules
- Conduct scheduled reviews and refreshes of policy documentation, including proposal forms, statements of fact, schedules, policy documents, underwriting guides, policy summaries
- Be the referral point for large and complex case underwriting
- Build market leading, customer focused propositions for this growth area
- Actively participate in or lead projects and other initiatives
- 10+ years Commercial Underwriting experience (Lloyd’s and/or London Insurance Market)
- UK (and ideally European) underwriting experience
- You possess an in-depth operational knowledge of how underwriting businesses deal with insurers, Lloyd’s and other market functions
- You’ll be knowledgeable of operational and compliance-related requirements for insurance contracts as well as binding authorities
- Challenge the status quo where appropriate in order to add value and drive sustained profitable growth
- Actively strive to identify cross-sell opportunities to build a pipeline that enhances Superscript’s product offering
- Demonstrated strong commercial awareness and an appreciation of the interdependencies between your work and what's happening in the organisation, the industry and the wider economy
- Ability to adjudicate on complex, non-standard and unprecedented situations
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
In return, we offer you:
- A competitive salary and the ability to grow your career at the UK’s leading Insurtech 🚀
- An amazing team and founders, supportive board and investors 🤗
- 25 days holiday - so there’s plenty of time for work, rest and play 🏖
- Hybrid way of working for the perfect work / life balance 🏡
- Vitality private health and dental insurance 🏥
- Great pension (up to 10% on top of your salary) 💰
- Full access to Spill, our mental health platform 🗣
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Latest Apple tech gear & everything you need to be set up for success 🍏
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events 👯♀️
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!) 🍽
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Established in 2015, we called ourselves Digital Risks. We set out with a simple ambition: to make insurance better for digital businesses. We sparked something special: great products, and a seamless experience to match.
The flexibility offered by our monthly subscription was popular with other businesses too. So, we now provide cover for over 1,000 business types.
In 2020, we became Superscript. A name that, by definition, encapsulates what we’re all about: elevating our customers by providing better cover.
Underwriting Lead - Commercial SME
Loading application form
Already working at Superscript?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.