About the role
The insurance industry is ripe for disruption. Instead of using the few major software houses in the industry, we’ve opted to build our system from scratch using a modern tech stack with a best-in-class continuous delivery pipeline.
In this role, your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to help build a next-generation policy management system that can support the rich domain of insurance across countries, regulations, taxes and currencies.
We’re a pragmatic team; we follow TDD when it makes sense but also often spike out features and then write tests. We use these tests to ensure we don’t break anything once we have a clearer picture and refactor. Our continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated and we release code to production multiple times a day.
Each engineer is given the responsibility to design, write, deploy and maintain their solutions.
Our system is built with a few micro (macro) services that are usually a combination of the following tech:
- Laravel and Friends - Vue, Tailwind, LiveWire, Inertia, Alpine
- Node (TypeScript)
- Event Sourcing
- CI / CD / Hosting with Heroku and Netlify
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your talents to a small but ambitious team as we build an industry leading product. To succeed, you’ll need solid experience in Laravel, DDD and running scalable solutions in production.
As a fast-growing company, you will also need to help us improve our business processes and articulate trade offs with each technical decision. You’ll need the skills to influence and shape those changes.
Insurance is complex and fascinating. You should want to soak it up and, ideally, derive real enjoyment from mastering an intellectually stimulating industry - whilst working to change it for the better!
On a day to day basis, you could be:
- Pairing and doing Google style PR reviews
- Getting involved in problem solving on whiteboards with your team
- Integrating with CRMs, payment gateways, billing systems, analytical tools etc.
- Creating or contributing to open source projects to give back
- Going to developer meetups regularly
- Improving our processes to remove any pain points in engineering
We don’t like to put people into boxes, but it’s safe to say that you will have:
- Deep knowledge of Laravel and how it can be used to efficiently deliver features
- Appreciation of the Laravel ecosystem amongst Vue, Tailwind, LiveWire and others
- The ability to create simple solutions to complex problems
- An appreciation for Event Sourcing and how it can be used an effective tool
- ❤️ for what Laravel does for PHP